Monday, January 5, 2009

Listening


Sometimes I sit in meetings and I think to myself, man people sure do a lot of talking but they sure as hell don't listen that well. I think it all comes down to listening. If you can listen well then you will be able to do well in life. You need to be able to listen to the things that are unsaid, the subtle gestures and the rising tension in the room. Being able to listen and respond correcltly is the thing that can truly make or break any relationship; be it romantic, business or otherwise. I feel that in so much of life everyone wants to talk, and no one can take the time to actually listen. Listening is what we need more of that should have been Obama's campaign slogan. He should have said I will listen, if he would have said that he might have won Arizona too!! Like I said meandering thoughts is what I do best!

3 comments:

  1. Great point. However in this photo, I'm sure all Obama is thinking is "I wish I had a cigarette right now!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is so true of man. I find it is true of me as well, especially when it comes to talking with the Lord. I have such a hard time listening, but such an easy time talking or letting my mind race. Listening is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIRK! You know how to tie a tie! I taught you Soph. year!

    ReplyDelete