Saturday, April 4, 2009

Its been a while! Burlington Vermont and my Birthday!
















HI All. It has been a while since I have posted and all sorts of crazy things have been happening. The one that I want to talk about now is the fact that last weekend I went up to Burlington Vermont with my Friend Jake to visit my sister for my birthday (yes I am now 28 years old!) It was a long drive (9Hours) but the conversation was good.
Saturday we went to Shelburne Farms (an old Rockefeller Farm/Castle) and saw the little baby sheep that had just been born and also the sugar shack where they were boiling off the Maple sap to make maple syrup. It was really neat to see that process being done. It takes about 40 gallons of sap to produce 1 gallon of Maple Syrup.
Then we went to Palmer's Farm where we have hot dogs BOILED IN PURE MAPLE SYRUP!!!! and Sugar on Snow. The hot dogs were a highlight of the trip, so delicious that no ketchup was needed. And the sugar on snow is shaved ice with maple syrup poured on it, served with a pickle and a donunt ( I don't know why the pickle but it was damn good.) That night I went out with my tiwn friends Heidi and Heather (and Alagash the Gnome) to celebrate our Birthdays (we all came into the world on March 26th, a year apart though) It was great fun and the above pictures are Heidi's Hope all has been well with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment